Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Squirrels are Bad (a little comic relief)

Most of you know our back yard. We love living in it and loving it. One key element is a big shade tree that not only covers our "zen" half of the yard (the other half being the "farm"), but also spans over to shade a bit of the adorable neighbor's side (see the Swaddling, Sideways, Shooshing... post).

Most of you also know that each year, I battle the darn squirrels in our little paradise back yard. They eat my veggies and laugh at me. They taunt the chickens and do everything they can to get in their food, including chew through plastic. They even chew the bark off of our tree and kill entire branches!

I'm proud of the video below from the other side of the fence. I know feeding cute, cuddly squirrels (and risking catching any diseases these vermin carry) is supposed to be a fun, childhood memory. Instead, I've managed to recruit our little friends next door into my own personal army against them. My favorites are that "you gotta talk really loud at them!" and his sweet agreement chuckle at the end. They're looking up at the tree and at our fenced in yard. Things seem to be in good hands while we're away. Enjoy!