Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hope

"I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting." - Barack Obama

Sure, there were a lot of memorable moments throughout our evening last night as we flipped between muted television news coverage of election results and three different on-line sources with substantive reporting. We watched both gracious speeches at the tail end of the night, eyes barely open, and rallied for our country with the best of them.

I have to say that in my own self-involved world, this quote from Obama's speech hit me the hardest. For me, on our roller coaster ride of waiting for information on our dream of growing our family, it came just in time this week and I'm firmly rooted back on Team Hope with all my heart.