Monday, September 24, 2012

First things first, look how she's grown!


That's right, we're up to the size of a mini-watermelon this week. And, without any news over the weekend, that's the extent of our baby update this morning. Stay tuned!
~
Now, if you're curious about our Sunday, that's another story. I spent almost the entire approach to San Francisco waxing eloquent about how happy I am with our move to Denver. I tried to think of every single thing I could possibly remember about the challenges of living in this overpriced City. This was self defense in preparation of the onslaught of emotions I knew would come throughout a day spent in SF, "our fair city".
 
The list was longer when I began recounting all of the wonderful things about our lives now. Things like our home and garden and our chickens and our easy access to what we love about Colorado, plus new friends and some parents close by! Still, it was definitely a comparison of two positives. San Francisco did very little to push us out four years ago. We just moved on to something different.
 
In 2008, when we drove the moving van over the bridge, east towards Colorado, I remember feeling sentimental, with big tears running down my cheeks, about how I was going to miss this area that I had dreamed of living in since I was a child. Luckily, it took us a very short time in the beauty of new friends and scenery in Colorado to realize that the place of CA would always be there, it was the people we would miss. Unluckily, it was the people we would miss.

We've been fortunate to have so many people visit us in Colorado, some multiple times even. I wish it was the same as all of us getting together more frequently. After a day of casual family brunch, football on the TV, lazing around in sunshine at Delores Park, a BART ride to downtown and fantastic conversation over a feast for dinner before driving back to our welcoming oasis in Sacramento, we know all-too-well what we're missing about being here.
 
Of course, we can't be pleased. Since we've been here, we've been missing all of our friends in Colorado who are more intimately involved in our day-to-day lives as they play out in Denver. I think a big TaJ Commune is in order!

I know this seems to have nothing to do with baby updates, but it's what I'm feeling. We're just embracing all of the hugs from near and emails from afar. We feel like wherever we are in this journey that we have a huge shipload of love surrounding us. We're so lucky for that. Thank you.