Thursday, September 13, 2012

Hopeful, and Dare We Say Excited?

As we try to turn in a little earlier tonight, I'm still battling the remaining yuck from this cold. (Have you picked up on what a wimp I am about head colds yet?) Still, having a little more energy in me today got us up and out of the house to take a walk to the store. It was nice to be roaming the streets among the living again. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel of congestion and then, I'll be back!

Back to what? Back to more waiting, I guess. But also back to the happy dreaming we were doing before I gave in to the fogginess of sick. It's hard to imagine being any good at all as a mother when I can barely pick myself up off the bed. I've always known those would not be my glory days, feeling sick and having to take care of a little one. These past few days with our host kiddos have taught me that we'll likely all live through it when it happens. However, I'm thrilled that Meadow has given me time to get through this bout of awful before coming out to meet me. Maybe that's another little hidden gift in her delayed introduction.

Now that I can hold my own in a conversation again, it's nice to be back to the fun daydreaminess of pre-sleepless-nights parenthood. We're settling into the real reason we're here and it's pretty fun to get to that point. With some time on our hands, we're allowing ourselves to play a little and thinking ahead to a weekend of more memory road trips through Northern California. Every once in a while, Josh will remark that Meadow and mommy will both be California girls and this will always be a special place for us. It's fun to explore it again with our image of her here with us.

Okay, okay, a real update...we had some fun text chat with T today. Just a brief touch-in on how we're all feeling about the upcoming labor and delivery. We continue to assure her that we're here for her and that we're open to however she wants this to go. She simply says "thank you".

And, nothing new on the attorney to agency change up. Let us just have this day off from the setbacks and bask in happy for a time. Tomorrow is another day. Maybe there will be answers then. :-)